Seán's O'Dwyer, Marketeer, Student,Coffee Drinker and apparently Blogger

Apparently the Irish have always been known for the uncanny ability of storytelling. I always thought that marketing and storytelling were pretty much two sides of the same coin. Now I’m not sure how widely accepted that statement about the Irish is but I would personally believe that I have always had a knack for telling a story, especially to those who are willing to listen.

Marketing student and all round outgoing guy! I created this blog to show my love for all things marketing and my passion for brands big and small.

Thanks for talking the time to read my blog and I hope you learn something new.

Talk about a Power Shower

There’s nothing better than a good guerrilla marketing stunt, especially one that can arose so much attention. This is exactly what the good people of Palmolive did to promote its new range of shower products.
In downtown Moscow, the stunt featured real models taking shifts bathing within a billboard that was equipped with a shower. Frosted glass blurred any onlookers from a clear view of the models, but crowds of people in the streets shockingly watched as the modes bathed in the centre of town.

According to their website the models were “seduced” by the new Palmolive shower gel and then preceded to take a shower in the branded pillar, in the full view of shocked and admiring individuals.
The huge event attracted a large crowd of onlookers, who captured the event on camera. The event then premiered on YouTube and has now generated more than 800.000 combined views and huge hype online.

Stunts like this is why I love marketing so much, the ability to think outside the box, be creative, unique and a little bit daring. In my earlier blog I spoke about MacDonald’s childhood playground being such a success because they executed their message so creatively. Like Macdonald’s the Palmolive campaign is a winner in my mind for two reasons: 

Its tremendous simplicity;
Its impressive creativity.

Creativity in my mind is what makes a good company great and a brand historic. I believe it is one of the key components of business, marketing or otherwise and one of the strengths needed for any marketeer.

 
Anyway see what you think youreself: